Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Triops Live!!!

After telling you about a week ago our second attempt at hatching triops failed, I'm proud to report I was wrong.  Fortunately I was lazy and we didn't empty the tank.  It sat in the bedroom for several days until one night my 8 year old comes running out to the living room telling my wife and I to come quickly to the bedroom.  She was ecstatic!

We ran into the bedroom and she was pointing at the tank, which was almost out of water due to evaporation.  Near the bottom of the tank were a few small white objects moving.  The white objects were triops!  We counted 5 or 6 of them.  The video below shows one moving around the tank.

We filled the tank back up with water and dropped a few pellets of food into the water.  Now the trick is keeping them alive.  I have to admit being just as excited as my 8 year old at discovering live triops!  Very cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment