Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Ant Farm Christmas Gift

My 5 year old doesn't know it yet, but she's getting an ant farm for Christmas!!!  After the success of our triops (okay, after a couple of failures), I thought it would be cool to get her an ant farm.  I know she'll love it!  Here's an image of one we purchased.


This is an Uncle Milton Ant Farm.  Ants are not included.  Those have to be ordered separately and we have not ordered them yet.  I'll wait until the holiday season is over and my 5 year old is back into a normal school routine.  Then we'll order the ants and get started.  I never had an ant farm as a kid, so I don't know what to expect.  I'm curious and I know both of my daughters will have fun watching the ants.  

This was just one of a few science related gifts we gave our daughters, in addition to several non-science gifts.  Science plays a big part in our household, but sometimes a break from science is needed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment