Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Movie Review - The Peanuts Movie

A couple of weekends ago my wife and I took our daughters to see the The Peanuts Movie in the theater.  I grew up watching the Peanuts holiday cartoons and read Peanuts in the newspaper.  My daughters haven't had too much interaction with the comic strip.  I'm not sure they've seen all of the holiday specials, but I know they've see the Great Pumpkin holiday special.  Both my daughters loved it!  I was a bit skeptical going in, but I have to admit, it was a great movie!


As for the science, well, it's animated, so expect anything.  Is it scientifically accurate that Snoopy flies around the skies on a red dog house?  No, but that's not the point of the movie.  There's mention of the Red Baron, a German fighter pilot in World War I who is credited with 80 air combat victories.  Although my kids certainly didn't pick up on this, Peanuts hits adults by focusing on many of the inadequacies we all have, whether justified or not.  This is most noticeable in Charlie Brown who is constantly second guessing himself, something we all do.  Along the way, there are many good life lessons in this movie.  

If you haven't taken your kids to see The Peanuts Movie, you MUST do so.  You will NOT be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment