Thursday, December 24, 2015

First Year Knowing Santa is not Real

I hope everyone reading this is having a happy holiday season.  For us this will be the first year my 8 year old knows the truth of Santa Claus (and the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Elf on the Shelf, etc.), having figured it out herself around Easter, earlier this year.  It's not a sad time by any means, just a different time.  Seeing her question things and thinking through the reality of the whole Santa Claus thing was a joy to see as a parent.  I certainly wasn't going to hide the truth from her when she asked and if I may offer advice, I advise you not to hide the truth either.  Answer your child's questions truthfully.  Be proud of your child for asking questions and thinking critically.

If you want the full story behind my daughter's realization Santa Claus isn't real, go to the link below.

The Truth of Santa Claus

Have a great holiday season and I'll leave you with this holiday goat.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment