Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Star Wars Episode #3 - Movie Review

As I mentioned yesterday, my daughters and I watched Star Wars Episodes #2 and #3 with family while traveling over Christmas break.  This was my first time watching Star Wars Episode #3 and I'll admit that it was significantly better than Episode #2.  Having said that, the originals are much, MUCH better!!!


I enjoyed some of the fight scenes in this movie and enjoyed learning how Anakin became Luke Skywalker, but there were a few parts that bugged me.  For starters, it seems Padme, Anakin's wife, and mother to Luke and Leah, takes a backseat in this movie.  She's no longer the strong character she started out as in this series.  She's naturally upset that Anakin is turning to the dark side, but doesn't put up much of a fight in this movie.  

Then there's the HUGE science problem in this movie.  When Obi-Wan and Anakin are fighting near the end, Padme is with them as well, although she's been knocked out by Anakin.  Earlier in the movie we learned Padme is pregnant.  When she gets off the ship before this final fight scene, she is not showing as pregnant.  By the end of the fight scene, she is VERY pregnant and showing, and a few minutes/scenes later when basically no time has passed, she gives birth to twins!!!  Huh????  Wrong on so many levels.  When the babies come out they are both full sized babies.  In fact, they are babies that are probably a month in age.  Combine that with the fact that twins are usually born smaller and you have some very bad health science in this movie that could easily have been fixed.  Sigh.  

I'm glad I finally watched Episode #3, and although it was improved from Episode #2, it still had some big problems.  I'm looking forward to taking my kids to see Episode #7 in the theater in a few days.  It's gotten very good reviews and I'm excited!  Something I wasn't when Episodes #2 and #3 came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment