Monday, January 25, 2016

Where Did the First Baby Come From?

The other day my 5 year old asked my wife where the first baby came from.  What sparked this question, I do not know, but it was a great opportunity to explain the basics of evolution to my kids.  As science very clearly tells us, there is no first person or first parents to humans.  Humans and today's apes evolved from a common ancestor who evolved from a previous ancestor and so forth.  Explaining this to a 5 year old is a difficult task, but fortunately there are great resources out there.  I discussed one such resource about a year and a half ago.


This is a fantastic book to deliver the basics of evolution to a young child.  As your child gets older, there are other, more detailed books, but this is a fantastic book for young children to get started.  I'm proud to say that I was a Kickstarter supporter of this book and as a result, got several bookmarks when the book arrived.  

Kids love to ask questions and some of those questions are difficult to answer.  Fortunately there are resources out there to help struggling parents.  This is a great resource on evolution and one I highly recommend.  You can find it on Amazon here:


No comments:

Post a Comment