Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Climate Change Conspiracy Theories are Ludicrous

It's been a couple of weeks since I last wrote on a "Thing We Know to Be True", inspired by November 2016 issue of Scientific American.  Today's thing we know to be true is one of the main 5 discussed in this particular issue.  I'll be blunt.  Climate change is real.  It is primarily caused by humans.  If we don't do anything it will only get worse.  The argument of economics against climate change is total bunk.  Not doing anything only worsens the economy and increases costs.

I won't get into all of the details but every argument against climate change is complete pseudoscience.  The science is ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that climate change is real.  If you have doubts, go to www.skepticalscience.com.  This site will answer all of your questions using REAL science as the foundation for those answers.

The U.S. signing on to the 2015 Paris Agreement is a good start, but much more needs to be done.  With the new U.S. administration filled with climate change deniers, it's very possible the U.S. will pull out of the Paris Agreement basically giving the planet a big middle finger.  I don't really know what to think.  It is boggling to me the absolute denial of science that is permeating through our government and society.  Is there hope?  I don't know.  I used to think yes, but now I just don't know.  If there is hope, it lies with my kids and their generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment