Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fun at IKEA

If you've never been to an IKEA, you need to go!  I could spend hours in that place looking for furniture, storage shelves, kitchen supplies, etc.  If you go, be sure to leave the kids with a sitter at home.  Your kids will not be as excited as you and will constantly bug you to leave.  Because of this, whenever my wife and I need to go to IKEA, we leave the kids with a sitter so we can enjoy our time in the store.

The other week we went to IKEA to pick out some furniture for the kids' bedrooms.  Neither of them had a dresser in their room and there wasn't much shelving storage for their toys.  We decided it was time to change that.  The cool thing about IKEA is that most of the furniture fits into the back of an SUV because none of it is fully constructed.  As the purchaser, you get the boxes and have to put the furniture together yourself.

I wrote in an earlier post about the physics of an Allen wrench.  The other neat thing I noticed in the furniture construction instructions was the following picture.


Even my 5 year old was able to understand that two people should work together on this.  Being the Cool Science Dad that I am, I ignored the instructions and did it by myself!  :-)  I had a little help from my 5 year old, but she didn't have the patience to sit and help for an hour, so she quickly left me alone!

Moral of this post?  Go to IKEA, but leave the kids at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment