Monday, December 10, 2012

Science Fiction/Fantasy Books II

In an earlier post I included a link to NPR's top 100 science fiction/fantasy books as well as a flow chart on choosing which book to read next.  If you haven't caught on already, I love science fiction/fantasy.  It's a way for me to relax at the end of the day and escape the mundane.  Some people might ask, since you like physics and astronomy, why don't you read more "real science" books?  I suppose I could, but I do real science for a living.  Every day at work (and many days at home in the evenings and weekends) I'm working on real science.  Fiction books are away for me to escape this.  If I didn't have this escape, I'd go insane!


Although I don't have much of a direct decision on the type of books my daughters like, I really hope that at least one of them gets into science fiction & fantasy.  I think it would be cool to have talks about science fiction/fantasy and what we thought of different books we'd both read.  My wife will probably shake her head at this.  After all, she already has one member in the house dragging her out to the movie theater to watch each of the movies in the upcoming Hobbit Trilogy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment