Thursday, December 27, 2012

Potty Training Success...Sort Of

Success!  Well, sort of.  As I mentioned in an earlier potty training post, our 2 year old is beginning the process of potty training.  We're trying several methods and even have the Potty Train book, which I find hilarious.  But in the end, it will be up to our daughter to decide when she's ready to be potty trained.

The other night our 2 year old took a step in the right direction.  She went poo-poo on the potty for the first time at home!  We could tell that she was struggling at dinner to do the #2 in her diaper, so we asked her if she needed to go potty.  She immediately shouted back "No!!!" with this ashamed look on her face, telling us that she really means Yes!

My wife took her to the potty while I finished dinner with our 5 year old.  About 10 minutes later I'm cleaning up the kitchen and I go back to check to see if everything is okay.  It is, but the 2 year old is stilling sitting on the potty struggling.  A few minutes later I hear a 'ploop', followed by a shout of "I DID IT!!!"  I couldn't help but laugh at her excitement of going poo-poo in the potty.  

After washing her hands she comes running out of the bathroom to tell me "Daddy, I went poo-poo!"  Then she says "Daddy, come smell it, it stinky!".  Uh...no.  I'm very proud of her accomplishment, but there's no way I'm going to go smell it!  I've smelled enough dirty diapers in my life that I don't need to smell a poo in the toilet too!  LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment