Monday, May 20, 2013

Bowling for Free

I shared this last year and I'm sharing it again this year.  If you're looking for a fun summer activity to do on too hot days or rainy days, I highly recommend bowling.  There is a great program called Kids Bowl Free that is available at many bowling alleys across the country.  To check if your bowling alley is participating take a look at the following website.

Kids Bowl Free


From mid-April to the end of August, any child under 12 years of age is each given two free games of bowling every day that the bowling alley is open!  In addition, they offer $25 season bowling pass for up to 4 adults to bowl 2 games for free too.

This is my second year participating in the program.  It doesn't take long to recoup your $25.  We've been bowling twice this season so far and have already more than recouped our initial costs.  In our first outing, we had $35 worth of bowling, but only had to pay $5.  In our second outing with the grandparents, we had $53 worth of bowling but only had to pay $10.  Basically we pay for the shoes.  I bought my own pair of shoes relatively cheap, so I no longer have to pay a few bucks to rent a pair of crappy  bowling alley rental shoes.

If you're looking for something to do with your kids, I highly recommend bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment