Sunday, May 5, 2013

Copycatting

One thing I've learned as a parent of two children is that the youngest is always trying to take after the oldest.  Sometimes this is good.  My 2 year old wants to do everything that my 6 year old does.  This includes riding a bike, playing soccer, brushing her teeth, and reading books to name just a few.  This hasn't carried over to "going potty" without a diaper, but what can you do?  You win some, you lose some.

The other night my 6 year old was struggling with a cough.  We gave her a some cough suppressant to help calm her cough down and allow her to fall asleep.  Our 2 year old saw us giving her the cough syrup and proceeds to give us the worst fake cough ever followed by saying "I have a cough too.  I need some medicine."  The whole time she had a big smile on her face!

Sorry little one, Mommy and Daddy are seeing straight through your fakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment