Friday, May 17, 2013

Quality Camera

I used to think that a camera was a camera and that it was a waste of money to spend several hundred dollars or more on a camera.  My wife and I received our first digital camera about a decade ago as a wedding gift.  It was a great camera for its time, but still very basic in its functions.  It had a "sports" option to take action shots, but it never did a very good job.  It was also horrible in poor lighting.  We've been in the market for a new camera, but I was dead against spending a lot of money on one.  It didn't seem worthwhile to me.  Then I went camera shopping and that all changed.

Actually, I didn't go camera shopping.  My in-laws were visiting and they went camera shopping.  We went too.  My two year old fell asleep so I was just sitting in a chair holding her.  My wife was checking out the high end cameras with her parents and came over to tell me I should look at them.  Fine, I thought, but there's no way we're buying one.

When my two year old woke up I went to check out the camera and was simply amazed at what it could do.  I'm stingy with money, but I forked over the money to buy this camera and I have no regrets.  After using it for 2+ months now I'm so glad that we invested in it.  It does a fantastic job with action shots and does great with low level lighting.

I don't have it in front of me right now, but it's a Canon and although it's not a top of the line Canon, it's an expensive Canon, at least for me.  Despite the high cost, I highly recommend any parent out there to save up and buy a good camera.  My 6 year old plays soccer and we've gotten several amazing action shots that we never would have gotten with our old camera.  Plus we have the lenses to do a deep zoom which we couldn't do with our old camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment