Thursday, May 2, 2013

Do Dinosaurs Spit?

Do dinosaurs spit?  First of all, why am I asking this question?  The other night we asked our two year old why her bed was sticky from chapstick.  She has a tendency to grab a tube of chapstick and spread it all around in her bed and on her dolls.  Very annoying, I know.  At dinner the other day we asked her why her bed was sticky with chapstick?  She launched into some long story that ended with dinosaurs spitting in her bed!  How could we, as parents, deny her claim of spitting dinosaurs?  She said it with such confidence that it left both my wife and I speechless!

I did a quick search on the web for spitting dinosaurs and didn't find much.  There are dinosaurs in the movie Jurassic Park that spit poison, but apparently there is little to no evidence that any dinosaurs had poisonous saliva.  I found this Scientific American article that has further details on this topic.

Do Dinosaurs Spit Poison?

I don't know where my daughter came up with the idea of spitting dinosaurs, but it made for a humorous moment at the dinner table!

No comments:

Post a Comment