Wednesday, May 29, 2013

End of Kindergarten

It seems like just yesterday that I was writing about my daughter heading off to her first day of kindergarten last August.  It's hard to believe that she just finished her last day of kindergarten last week!  It's amazing to me how quickly time goes by.  My wife has even told her that she's going to be 6 forever and that she can't grow any taller!

She had an amazing year of kindergarten.  She's able to read at a pretty high level for her age and told us everyday how much fun she had.  She had a great teacher and we did the things we needed to do as parents to encourage her learning.

I have a number of activities planned for her this summer to keep her educationally active.  If you're a parent of a child who has started summer break, I highly encourage you to develop a list of educationally activities to keep your kids active in learning.  It's easy to find fun activities that your kids won't even realize are helping them learn something new.  They'll just be happy to do something fun.  I'll continue to post our activities to this blog, but also do a Google search for summer activities.  You'll find tons of them for kids of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment