Thursday, May 16, 2013

Splinters and Kids

That long, loud scream you heard the other week was my 6 year old screaming with every ounce of strength as we struggled to remove a small wood splinter from the bottom of her foot.  This is her first splinter and it was not pleasant.  The timing of the splinter couldn't have been worse as it happened about 15 minutes before we needed to leave for her soccer game.  Fortunately Grandma and Grandpa were visiting for the week so we had 4 adults to hold her down and get the splinter out.  We were all amazed at her leg strength and it took me wrapped around her legs to hold them still enough for Grandma to pull the splinter out with a pair of tweezers.

Once the splinter was removed she was okay, but wow, did she scream loud!  I'm just glad the neighbors didn't call child protective services on us!

I wish I had advice to offer, but the only thing I can say is hold her son/daughter tight and be prepared for them to scream louder than they've ever screamed in their entire life!

No comments:

Post a Comment