Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Checking my Daughter's Chosen Library Books

My wife keeps telling me that I need to check which books my two daughters pick out at the library before actually checking them out.  It's not as if I have no oversight over which books they pick.  All of their books are from the children's section of the library.  However, there are a few odd books that make it home at times.  For example, once my 6 year old picked out a children's book on how to adapt to living with divorced parents.  Uh...since my wife and I are not divorced, this led to an interesting conversation with our 6 year old.

It wasn't a bad conversation.  It was actually a good opportunity to explain to her that some kids have divorced parents, including friends that she may have at school.  

This past weekend my daughters picked out two books written completely in Spanish!  Not that there's anything wrong with this, but none of us speak Spanish!  Plus one of the books was a book about potty training...in Spanish!  My 3 year old got a kick out of it, but it's not as if any of us could read the words.  LOL!  Maybe my wife is right.  I should probably review their chosen books before checking them out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment