Monday, September 2, 2013

Science T-Shirt #2

As mentioned in a previous post, my wife found a great science T-shirt for my daughter that had the periodic table on it.  Later that day in a different store, I saw a "Science is golden, duct tape is silver" T-shirt.  Or so I thought that's what it said. 

So walking through the store, here are the thoughts going through my head.

"The shirt I saw had the smiley face on it, but I've seen these shirts with just the words and no smiley face.  I have to admit that I have a big problem with the design that includes the smiley face.  When I read it, the message I receive is that the duct tape covering the mouth of the smiley face is silencing science.  I don't think this was the intention of the designers, but to me, that's what this message implies.  Science should never be silenced.  Science is all about discovering the truth of the world around us and truth should never be silenced."

Yep, I read the shirt wrong.  In the store, in my head, I'm going on a rant about how people are trying to silence science when there's nothing about science at all on the shirt.  Once I realized that, I thought, hey, that's a cool shirt!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment