Monday, September 23, 2013

Coaching Sports

I've been coaching my 3 year old's soccer team for 3 weeks now and helped out with my 6 year old's soccer team.  This has been a very rewarding experience and I highly recommend considering coaching your child's sports team if the option is available to you.  It's a great way to bond with your child and allow your child to see you in a different light.  Not very good at playing said sport?  Who cares, you can still coach.  I've never played organized soccer in my life and I rarely watched it on TV.  My first real experience with soccer was when my 6 year old first started playing when she was 4.  I suck at soccer, but I know enough of the basics that I can teach a team of 3 and 4 year olds.  Plus I learn more each week.   It's been an amazing experience and I encourage all of you again to consider doing it yourself on your son or daughter's team.

No comments:

Post a Comment