Friday, September 13, 2013

My 3 Year Old and Podcasts

If you haven't already figured this out then let me just say it.  I'm a podcast junkie.  I have wide selection of podcasts that I frequently listen to.  These podcasts cover politics, science, and comedy.  I've previously posted here and here a list of quality science podcasts that you should check out.  Usually when I've picked up or dropped off my 3 year old at daycare (or any other time she's in the car with me) I'll ask her if she wants to listen to music.  Until recently the answer was always yes.  Lately, however, she says no.  She follows this up with one of the following two statements.

1.  I want to listen to your phone.
2.  I like to listen to people talking.

Both of these mean that she wants to listen to one of my podcasts on my phone.  Like I said, I listen to a wide variety of podcasts, but some are not appropriate for children.  In these cases I switch to a science podcasts (i.e. Science Fridays) and that's what we listen to in the car.  Hey, if she wants to listen to science, more power to her!  I'm excited that she's happy to listen to science podcasts.  It's an educational experience for both of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment