Friday, September 27, 2013

Girl Scouts Nuts & Chocolates

Everyone is aware of Girl Scouts cookie sales that take place at the beginning of the year in January/February.  Not everyone is aware of the Girl Scouts nuts and chocolates sale in the fall.  As a parent of a Girl Scout (my 6 year old), I'm well aware what this time of the year means.  It means that my wife and I are taking the order form to our work places and that I'm walking the neighborhood with my daughter to sell door to door.

Last year I was super excited for my daughter's first sales campaign since I'd never done this before with my kids.  It was a great time.  This year, well, much of that excitement has worn off for me.  :-)  My daughter is still excited, but me, not so much.  Still, it's important to her, so I'll be sucking it up and walking the neighborhood with her selling just as hard as we sold last year.  That's the job of a parent.

If you're the dad of a daughter in Girl Scouts, make sure that you're out there on the street with her.  It's a great bonding experience between dads and daughters and one that you should definitely not let slip away.  Before you know it, she'll be done with Girl Scouts and if you don't take advantage of this opportunity now, you'll miss out forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment