Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Contamination: Dead Instinct

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

Contamination: Dead Instinct by T. W. Piperbrook

The same day I finished reading Siege of Darkness (see previous post yesterday) I started, and finished, Contamination: Dead Instinct by T. W. Piperbrook. Contamination: Dead Instinct is a story in the Contamination series. Contamination starts with people turning into zombies. It turns out a group of domestic terrorists poisoned the food and water supply in the southwest U.S. to turn people into zombies and attempt to take over the government. The first several books in the series focus on a set of main characters. This book focuses on a set of side characters. It's a relatively short book, but another good luck at humanity struggling in a post-apocalyptic time.

Are there zombies? No, but there are certainly disasters that could happen that potentially could put society, or a part of society in an apocalyptic frame of mind. Maybe not to the extent of this book, but very possibly on a smaller scale. How will people react? How will people treat each other? It's hard to say until it happens, but humans are fallible creatures. Will we protect each other or will go the mode of self-preservation? Piperbrook does a good job looking at this aspect of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment