Thursday, May 16, 2019

My Soul to Take by Yrsa Sigurðardóttir

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

My Soul to Take by Yrsa Sigurðardóttir

When we took a family vacation to Iceland last summer I took a look at a few boos stores in search of a new, local author to start reading and came across Yrsa Sigurðardóttir. Once home I purchased a few ebooks and started reading her Þóra Guðmundsdóttir murder/mystery/thriller series. Her books are originally written in Icelandic, which I don't know, but have since been translated into English. I recently finished the second book in the series, My Soul to Take, which is part mystery, part thriller, and yes, part ghost story. I don't believe in ghosts or anything spiritual/supernatural, but I enjoy reading books in this area.

My Soul to Take was a great book that is simply different than other mystery/thriller books I've read. I can't really describe it. You just have to pick up one of Yrsa's books and read them! So if you are a mystery/thriller fan and haven't read a Yrsa Sigurðardóttir book, pick one up now. She's also written a fantastic ghost story titled "I Remember You: A Ghost Story" which is simply fantastic! Eventually I write a blog entry on this one. It's another must read! I literally could not book the book down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment