Monday, May 20, 2019

Siege of Darkness by R.A. Salvatore

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

Siege of Darkness by R.A. Salvatore

I read a lot of fantasy/science fiction books. A LOT! Many years ago I started reading the Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore and more recently started re-reading them. In my re-read I just finished the ninth book in the series, Siege of Darkness. Some fantasy books are 1000 page behemoths with great care taken in character development and multiple, multiple story lines. The Drizzt books are not this. They are still good books in my opinion, but they are in the 300 page range and thus it doesn't take a month to read one. They add a change of pace to the longer books I often read.

Siege of Darkness focuses on the war between the evil drow and the dwarves of Mithril Hall. Drizzt and his friends, Bruenor the dwarf king, Catti-brie the human adopted daughter of Bruenor, Regis the halfing, and many others, must setup the defense of Mithril Hall to defeat the large and well trained armies of Drizzt's homeland, Menzobarranzan.

I enjoy all of the Drizzt books, but I really enjoyed this one. I love the stories of mass armies and multiple fronts. Sure, there are individual story lines, but they all connect to mass armies attacking each other in a land of elfs, dwarfs, humans, drow, magical creatures, magical weapons, wizards, etc. How is that not exciting?!?!?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment