Thursday, May 9, 2019

New Science Books from NSTA Conference

One of the cool things about attending a National Science Teachers Association national conference is roaming the exhibit hall to see what's there. There are usual a few book publishers there selling books and this year there was a booth in which all books were $5. Um...impossible for me to pass up, so I just had to purchase a (okay, a few!) books!



Endurance was actually free when I added my name to some mailing list I'll probably have to delete myself from later on. But it was worth it to get a free science book! I gave this book to my oldest daughter who started reading it right away once I got back home. 

The book 'Evolution' in the first image is a book on evolution, but written in the form of a graphic novel, which immediately struck me as the perfect gift for my youngest daughter. She likes science and loves graphic novels, so the perfect combination! 

Fortunately this year's NSTA conference was close enough for me to drive so I didn't have to lug around the airport a bag filled with books. LOL! You put up a $5 book offer and I'm walking away with several books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment