Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Loneliest Magician by Irene Radford

Love of Books

I love books and am always on the look out for new (or old) authors and new series to read. I have far too many books at home, but I keep adding to my collection and I highly doubt I'll ever stop!

The Loneliest Magician by Irene Radford

I recently finished reading The Loneliest Magician, the third book in the Dragon Nimbus series by Irene Radford. This fantasy series doesn't get the same claim to fame as the Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc., series, but I have really enjoyed reading these books. They don't take long to read, although this book took me 3 weeks as things got very busy with my kids in sports that several nights I was unable to crack open the book at all. To go to bed without reading at least a few pages is pretty rare for me, but it happened several nights over the past month.

As I've mentioned with the other Dragon Nimbus books, The Loneliest Magician has dragons, magic, lost magic, re-claimed magic, kings, queens, large battles, etc. It has all of the great stuff needed in a fantasy novel/series! This isn't the last book in the series, but the fourth book, written a few years later, focuses on two other characters that were not a major part of the first three books. So although essentially the last book in the series, there are many questions unanswered, but fortunately there are other trilogies in the same universe that carry on the story.

Will I keep reading Radford's fantasy novels? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment